Having trained properly, it is sure to provide the body a chance to recover the resources spent in the gym. Period after training – this time, when the muscles grow – that is, there is something for which it visited and gyms. Because it is very important to pay special attention to the restoration.
How correctly and fully relax you, it is in such proportion and will be building up muscles. Let us examine how it should be properly recover after a workout.
In a case like bodybuilding, be sure to keep in mind that every body is different. All are engaged in different ways: someone to keep fit enough to jump to the gym twice a week. And someone to see the result, we have to go there literally every day. Therefore, usually, all these intricate procedures that are laid out in a network of professional athletes, generally can be of little help to ordinary fans, not sitting on steroids and not engaged in heavy training professionally.
Having read smart tips, you go to the gym and drive there yourself to exhaustion, rightly expecting after such attachment force a good result. And its still no. And if there is, it is insignificant. This is because you need not only to exhaust itself, but also the right to rest after that. Without full recovery do not expect the muscles to quickly grow and you will become a macho with cover.
Compensation and supercompensation
Roughly speaking, the training for our body – a muscle tear. During lifting and power loads are subjected to deformation muscle fibers – are stretched, torn, “cracking at the seams.” After a workout in any athlete can be sure to capture multiple micro cracks and tears in muscle fibers.
Since the body can not tolerate anything imperfect, immediately after the training ended, he began to recover and heal these fractures is quite logical considering them inadmissible.
This restoration process and “licking wounds” is called compensation.
But if, immediately after this phase compensation to provide the body the excess nutrients and proper rest, the phase of supercompensation . During this period, the muscles become more coarse, increasing the volume to further prevent such breaks and injuries. And thus there is an increase in muscle mass.
How do you know what time to recover
Calculate exactly to the minute – when one phase ends and another begins – it is impossible. However, your feelings, if you listen to your body, you will understand it yourself. Example:
Today you pumped pecs. If you are training a well-researched, then the next day, the muscles begin to ache and ache. This pain means that the body is going to force to enable recovery mechanisms. Therefore, even this pain can be compared with the index that you are on the right track. Read more about the pain in the muscles after exercise .
On the second day the pain becomes more severe. tissue healing begins – where there were gaps, new fibers grow.
Third day – less pain, but if a muscle pull or strain, appears again. The fourth day – the pain is almost not felt. This means that the recovery is completed.
Overtraining and what it brings
If you do not give your muscles time to rest and recovery, will accumulate fatigue. And if we start to increase the pace of loads, it may be overtraining . Initially, it appears as a stable, it is not clear from grafted to skip training. This body will give you a sign that it’s time to relax. Even if you continue to workout in a state of fatigue, the muscle growth will be slow and very small.
If a long time so themselves “courageously” overcome the fatigue accumulates more and as a result leads to the results:
- loss of appetite;
- muscle stiffness;
- joint pain;
- stagnation of results – they are in place, there is no growth.
Therefore, the golden rule of the athlete: tired – it’s time to relax. Well, or a “war war – and lunch schedule.” It is important to listen to your body – it constantly sends signals, but very often, we ignore them.
What should be done?
If there overtraining – the solution is simple: do not exercise a few days, to miss classes. It is important at this time enough to sleep, fully and there are many. Usually sufficient and a couple of days to bring themselves back to normal and feel a surge of strength and vigor.
The most accurate indicator that the body recovered – is that when you take the weight, the former recently for you serious, now they seem to have light. And you want to new heights.
How to recover after a workout
Consider the most basic criteria for proper recovery after exercise.
The overriding condition for the recovery of the body. For all of this it is important, and only for those who load your body with the full – and even more so. Muscles grow and add volume to it in a dream.
Ideally you should sleep not less than 8 hours continuously. And oversleep better than nedospite. If you have trouble falling asleep, you should definitely do something in this direction: tune to calm evening walk, to go to bed early.
Try to create an ideal environment for sleep. Fully a person can sleep in complete darkness and silence when no one bothers him. Take care of the correct pillow and a good mattress.
Immediately after the training you need to provide the body with intake of protein and carbohydrates to compensate for their consumption. It is very important to have a drink after a workout whey protein – this makeup the best way to support your muscles (read more about carbohydrate window after training ).
It is also recommended because of sports nutrition:
- BCAAs – should be taken or during training or immediately thereafter 3 grams of the drug to stop catabolism – muscle destruction.
- The creatine in an amount of 2-3 grams immediately after training compensates for lost when doing phosphocreatine.
- Glutamine . The substance after exercise should take 3 grams – in order to activate the production of growth hormone , and to provide the body with energy.
Another important rule:
- After an hour and a half after sports activities should have a square meal. Get a full diet, which will present all the necessary substances and trace elements.
- We should not forget about the maintenance of the body’s fat . Beneficial for athletes are vegetable oils, in particular – linseed. Oil-rich fish is also perfect diet.
- Vegetables are required for use. They improve digestion, as an excellent source of fiber and coarse fibers.
- It is necessary to break your daily ration into 5-6 meals – better than most, but little by little, rather than vice versa.
- If you feel hungry, the lunch / dinner, has not come yet, it is not necessary to torture yourself – eat a banana or a handful of dates.
- Be sure to use clean sufficient water . Drink and during exercise, and after it. An indication that the water comes into the body in sufficient quantities to become the color of urine, especially morning. If the urine is clear – then enough water. If the yellow or orange – drink a little.
- We can not always build on the momentum. If it is time intensive training, then, provide a sufficient amount of time to recover.
- At the end of training have to be a stretch – the so-called hitch. This technique will help take excess lactic acid out of muscles and stabilizes peretruzhennyh pulse. As a result, we have to recover quickly, and the muscles become more elastic. 5-10 minutes would be sufficient. But do it must be quality.
- Douches useful for an athlete. It is important at the outset to include hot water, then – cold, and not vice versa. This significantly improves blood circulation.
- If the muscle pain is very strong, it can help welcome ice bath. Also helps to massage with ice cubes and other cooling procedures. This technique helps to reduce muscle pain and helps their speedy recovery. Here operates a principle – under the influence of a sharp rhythmic contraction and expansion of muscle fibers from them quickly and actively cleans.
- Useful massage – especially in the evening, before bedtime. As a result of simple movements increased muscle’s ability to absorb nutrients. In addition, accelerated and activated the transportation of most substances to the muscles.
- Preferred active rest. It is not necessary to lie on the couch watching television, “recovering”. This holiday is not for an athlete. It is better to take a walk. Useful will visit baths, saunas. Swim in the pool – too nice and helpful.
In conclusion I would like to emphasize that the only criterion by which you can evaluate – to recover sufficiently. If there was a persistent irresistible urge to go out and compete iron, with no pain in the muscles – you did everything correctly. Good luck and anabolism.